[parisc-linux] Question for the Faq

Phillip D. Beal pdbeal@louisville.edu
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:26:48 -0500

Hey,

I thought I'd post this to be added to the faq, as I was stumped on this
problem for a while, and I think some people might hit the same problem.

Q: The system boots up on the sTI Console but no "login:" prompt appears,
what do I do?

A: Uncomment the tty0 in /etc/inittab.

Just a thought....I spent a couple of days trying to figure out why the
console didn't completely work and I found that the tty's were commented
out under /etc/inittab.

--
Phillip Beal                           ___           _               _
Electrical and Computer Engineering   | _ ) ___ __ _| |___  _ _  ___| |_