[parisc-linux] Lasi harmony driver with mixer

Alex deVries alex@linuxcare.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:46:06 -0500

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> afair, prumpf had his harmony driver working on the 715/scorpio.  perhaps
> by looking at his source you could see what is missing?

I started harmony.c with the latest version of prumpf's driver, which
really didn't do anything at all.  I checked every tree I could find
(including his trees on sourceforge),
but the only one I found may have at one point played a hard coded
file.  There's not a lot left of it in my driver.  I definitely couldn't
get it to work on a 712, let alone a 715/old.

The audio HPA on the 715/old is way out of bounds for it to be a part of
Lasi or ASP, so it looks like another audio chip.  It doesn't have the
right ID register, and doesn't respond to any setup attempts.

Matthieu, it's good to hear about the gain control patches.  Now go sort
out the 16 bit audio format problem! :)

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel