[parisc-linux] website

Stan Sieler sieler@allegro.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:48:51 -0800 (PST)

Josiah (what's wrong with painting my car myself, with house paint) Carlson
says:

> what?  The font sizes and such are not changed (except in the
> toolbar)...should be able to be viewed on netscape (and at least in the

Oh?  Try www.sieler.com, then www.linuxcare.com.  The linuxcare page
specifies font size everywhere...not just the toolbar.

Matthew did linuxcare a favor ... for all that they might not care ...
by pointing out that the page has a number of problems.  Font size
*is* one of those problems.  On my 21" monitor, at 1600x1200, I find
their font just a bit too small to read.  (Better than some brain-dead
pages, like www.altavista.com!)

> later mozilla's and NS6, you can override the defaults). Sounds like
> alot of complaining for nothing.

Josiah...if people don't point out the problems, how will they *ever*
find out about them?

Hmmm...The gentleman protests too much, methinks.
[modified Hamlet, see http://www.allshakespeare.com/plays/hamlet/3-2.shtml#protest]

BTW, you *DO* want to point out to your *own* site's webmaster that
he/she is making the same bad mistake :)

www.macalester.edu:

    Macalester College is a private undergraduate liberal arts college which
    emphasizes academic excellence in the context of internationalism,

Note that evil "size=-1"!  (and a few "size=-2" as well)

BTW, that home page is better than many...
CSEE HTML Validator version 4.5 only found four errors on it.
See: http://www.htmlvalidator.com/

--
Stan Sieler                                           sieler@allegro.com
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html                  www.sieler.com