[parisc-linux] website

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:50:51 +0000

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:20:16AM -0500, Jane Vinet wrote:
> Discussions between Linuxcare and Hewlett Packard have come to the
> conclusion that HP are satisfied with the site and we are going to post
> it the way it is now.

I see.  In that case, I shall not be contributing further to the website
in any way.  I believe it is technically incompetent and deeply flawed.
You gave the impression that problems would be fixed, but clearly this
is not the case.  I will not be fixing typos or incorrect information;
I will not be updating the todo list or contributing faq entries.

> >  * The text is too small.
> >  * It uses too many tables.
>
> I feel these are personal preferences - however, I will see what can be
> done about the font

no they aren't.  see the other post i made in this thread showing how
the tables can be easily eliminated which will lead to less memory usage
and faster rendering time.  the font is not quite as unreadably small as
some sites, but it's unnecessarily small.