[parisc-linux] Booting C100

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:58:38 -0800

Greg Ingram wrote:
> > Step 2 says: Use a lifimage (not vmlinux)
>
> Anybody got one?

I've placed today's 32-bit on
  puffin.external.hp.com:~ftp/pub/parisc/binaries/lifimages/lifimage-20010115

and the matching vmlinux/System.map under .../binaries/kernels/ .

> What does it take to build a kernel under HP/UX?

I think I was the last person to be doing that as of around Feb 2000.
So it's not clear the tool chain will even properly compile under HPUX.
And CVS build-tools/recipe.hpux is probably broken - recipe.linux is.
Any volunteer to fix recipe.hpux?

AFAIK, the NFSROOT and XC toolchain has only been used under x86-linux.
Try on any other host at your own risk.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab