[parisc-linux] Booting C100

Greg Ingram ingram@symsys.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:57:06 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Greg Ingram wrote:
> > I was trying vmlinux-20001018 from the FTP site.
>
> Did you read the FAQ? (Hint: question 5)

Yes, but...

> Step 2 says: Use a lifimage (not vmlinux)

Anybody got one?

> Unfortunately, mkp's answer is now horribly stale.
> Claims which are no longer accurate include:
> o HPUX is required to build a lifimage (XC and native builds work on occasion)
> o mongoose (HPUX) boot loader is an option (PALO required)
> o Serial console required (can use STI now)
> o mkp is working on superio ;^)

I don't have an environment to build my own kernel image yet. Obviously I
can't do a native build.  And I've got almost a week of HP/UX experience
now.  :)  What does it take to build a kernel under HP/UX?  I'm guessing
GCC+Binutils+Make as a minimum.  What are my chances with the
cross-compiler?

- Greg