[parisc-linux] 715/80 problem

Alex deVries alex@linuxcare.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 01:04:03 -0500

"Phillip D. Beal" wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:20:15PM +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> > Alex deVries said:
> > > Okay... I *think* that 735 and 755 boot using rbootd.
> >
> > The 735 certainly does.
>
> Right I know that, but what file is used from a kernel build to boot a
> 715?  iplboot? lifimage? vmlinux?

lifimage.  All parisc machines boot lifimage files.

> I've tried all three, and the boot
> sequence from the netowrk fails.

I suspect there's a problem with your network boot server (ie. rbootd)
*not* the image you're booting.  Does the log output of rbootd indicated
a successful  transfer of the bootfile?  You can do this by running
'rbootd -d', which should spew debug info to the console.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel