[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:37:20 -0700

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101041608490.15554-100000@front.linuxcare.com.au>y
ou write:
  > On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
  >
  > > The easiest (to me) solution is to put the routines into the system C
  > > library.  You'd drop the special millcode conventions, but that's a
  >
  > How about $$dyncall?  Wouldn't loading r19/r29 break this function?  I'm
  > thinking of the case where $$dyncall is passed the address of a local
  > function rather than a plabel.  We wouldn't want to load r19/r29 with the
  > value for a shared libgcc.
$$dyncall is only used for PA32 -- what ABI are you using for PA32?  The
existing ones don't require $dp or $gp to be loaded by the caller -- they're
handled in the stub between the caller & callee.

jeff