[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:29:38 -0700

  In message <200101040618.BAA05609@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>you write:
  > > How about $$dyncall?  Wouldn't loading r19/r29 break this function?  I'm
  > > thinking of the case where $$dyncall is passed the address of a local
  > > function rather than a plabel.  We wouldn't want to load r19/r29 with the
  > > value for a shared libgcc.
  >
  > Could this and maybe some of the other short milli routines be compiler
  > "builtins"?  This would allow inlining.
Yes, though it's not clear how much of a win it is for PA32, it might even
be a loss.  Hard to guess.  Someone would have to benchmark it.

For PA64 the indirect calling sequence is significantly simpler and is
emitted inline, hence we don't need/use $$dyncall for PA64.

jeff