[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:11:33 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101031235310.24351-100000@front.linuxcare.com.au>y
> ou write:
>   > The real reason that we currently need separate millicode routines for
>   > each shared lib is that linkage to millicode functions is different than
>   > for normal functions.  In particular, you don't want to load r19 (32 bit
>   > case) or r27 (64 bit case) when calling millicode.  Therefore, a shared
>   > millicode lib would require special .plt entries.  Not too hard to do,
>   > just a bit messy.
> So what happens in this case.
>
> Pretend shared library A references $$div from the millicode routines.  Also
> assume that the main program does not reference $$div.  Also assume that
> the shared library is _not_ referenced on the link line for the main
> program, but instead is sucked in via dl_open calls.

Ah, but that's where the automagic linker search for libmilli come into
play.  Effectively, libmilli is always mentioned on the "command line"

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.