[parisc-linux] where to put 64 bit libmilli?

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:37:35 -0700

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101031235310.24351-100000@front.linuxcare.com.au>y
ou write:
  > The real reason that we currently need separate millicode routines for
  > each shared lib is that linkage to millicode functions is different than
  > for normal functions.  In particular, you don't want to load r19 (32 bit
  > case) or r27 (64 bit case) when calling millicode.  Therefore, a shared
  > millicode lib would require special .plt entries.  Not too hard to do,
  > just a bit messy.
So what happens in this case.

Pretend shared library A references $$div from the millicode routines.  Also
assume that the main program does not reference $$div.  Also assume that
the shared library is _not_ referenced on the link line for the main
program, but instead is sucked in via dl_open calls.

The shared library will have an undefined reference for $$div which can't
be satisfied and will terminate the application if we execute a path in
the shared library which calls $$div.

jeff