Dual Boot

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Mon, 01 Jan 2001 16:09:32 -0800

R P Herrold wrote:
> I'm going to try spinning up a G50, and sniffing at a K220 for
> parisc linux ... 735/125 on the way in ... I'd like to leave
> HP-UX on the K220 and 'dual boot' -- but it is such a pain to
> hook a console up -- Any thoughts on an OS/2 style Boot
> Manager leaving 'next boot' semaphore flags behind ...

It's hard to hook up a serial console on K220?!

Under HPUX, "setboot" command can set the primary boot path
so it can reboot from any disk/lan you want. You would have to
write a similar program for parisc-linux to poke stuff into NVRAM.
It might be a PDC call to do it; I don't know. But it's doable.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab
+1.408.447.7253