[parisc-linux] Initial setup of the `glibc' in the target rootfile system

Rafael E. Herrera raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:15:10 -0500

My last build hangs at init.

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu> writes:
>
> > export MACH=i386-linux
> > export DEST=/usr
> > export ROOT=~/parisk
> >
> > HOSTCC=gcc CC=hppa-linux-gcc $ROOT/source/glibc/configure \
> > --prefix=$DEST --build=$MACH \
> > --host=hppa-linux --target=hppa-linux \
> > --with-headers=$ROOT/source/linux/include --disable-profile \
> > --without-cvs --enable-add-ons
>
> This looks OK (though providing HOSTCC shouldn't be necessary) and
> --build, --host, and --target have no effect.  The configure script
> will pick up all it has to know from the CC value.

If I drop  --build, --host, and --target I get compilation errors, only
HOSTCC was unnecessary.

> > make MAKE="make -j 10" user-defined-trusted-dirs=/lib
>
> Providing make isn't necessary.  Also, the `user-defined-trusted-dirs'
> is not needed.

dropped

>  Just run
>    make -j10

compiling now.

> > make install user-defined-trusted-dirs=/lib \
> >  install_root=/tmp/glibc
>
> Again, loose the `user-defined-trusted-dirs'.  Also, is /tmp/glibc
> where the nfsroot is picked up?  If not, just install in the nfsroot
> directory.

No, it's an empty directory. I'm building in a remote machine, which is
much faster than this box. I tar the whole thing, ftp it and then unpack
it on top of the nfs root. We'll see, it'll take a few minutes.

By the way, I don't intend to use this build for cross compile other
packages, I just want to be able to install these in the nfs root. I
build the cross compile version with a --prefix that puts it out of the
way.

--
     Rafael