[parisc-linux] Initial setup of the `glibc' in the target rootfile system

Rafael E. Herrera raffo@neuronet.pitt.edu
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 02:27:29 -0500

The idea is to build glibc so you can place it in the root directory of
your parisc tree.

I saw this post that mentions how to build glibc using the cross
compiler and then installing it in the nfsroot. The instructions are for
installing glibc in a separate tree. I'm just learning how to use the
install_root option.

It's no so "strange", how about these options now?:

export MACH=i386-linux
export DEST=/usr
export ROOT=~/parisk

HOSTCC=gcc CC=hppa-linux-gcc $ROOT/source/glibc/configure \
--prefix=$DEST --build=$MACH \
--host=hppa-linux --target=hppa-linux \
--with-headers=$ROOT/source/linux/include --disable-profile \
--without-cvs --enable-add-ons
make MAKE="make -j 10" user-defined-trusted-dirs=/lib
make install user-defined-trusted-dirs=/lib \
 install_root=/tmp/glibc

Christoph mentions that a 'make install' has to be made first, but
obviously I can't do that.

If you have a better suggestion, I'll be glad to read it.

PS. I've tried this already, re-configuring it with a new prefix,
without cleaning the tree, and copying it into the nfsroot. The boot
stops when 'init' is started :(
I'm rebuilding from scratch now, we'll see.

--
     Rafael