[parisc-linux] gcc & profiling

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:31:32 +1100 (EST)

This is a little embarrassing.  I've just discovered our mainline gcc has
all the nice profiling code in config/pa/pa.c, PROFILE_HOOK defined in
config/pa/pa.h, but no support for PROFILE_HOOK in function.c.  Oops.  No
profiler calls in generated code.

pehc merge from sourceware was before PROFILE_HOOK was added, but I was
working from a later merge when developing the code. :-(

All this would be bad enough, but after plugging in the missing bits, I
thought I'd better test a glibc compile with profiling enabled.  That
showed a bug when inline functions are involved.  Oops again.
Currently testing a fix...

Alan