[parisc-linux] C100 & Latest CVS Bits

Greg Ingram ingram@symsys.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:16:58 -0600 (CST)

All good news!

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Grant Grundler wrote:

> Greg Ingram wrote:
> > As I recall, Grant said the stack dump itself isn't
> > helpful unless it's a kernel built with the default configuration.
>
> I can't (or won't) help with stack/register dumps unless they are built
> with default config. That's different than saying they aren't helpful.
> The problem is the symbols are what's interesting to me and I can't
> determine them unless the bits match what's in a source tree I have.

I understand.  I've rebuilt from clean with the default config and...
[Gulp!]  I guess another reason to use the default config is to ensure
that I haven't done something rash with my config.  Here's the end of the
session now:

	Starting internet superserver: inetd.

	Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 apollos ttyS0

	apollos login:

I'd also made /dev/console -> /dev/ttyS0.  No log to follow.  :)

> I guess it's time we put together a "PARISC Kernel Debugging HOW-TO
> for Dummies". ie how to look up symbols, explain TOC (and HPMC), how
> to get/decode TOC/HPMC dumps, etc.

Dummies?!  Ack!  Phfft!  Tyros, neophytes, novices, even newbies.  But
please do.

> > As a side question, is it possible to have the system automatically reboot
> > after it encounters these errors?
>
> It can. There's a global variable someplace that is *disabled* by default.
> If someone can just remember the global's name...

Anybody?  I have to make that *long* walk through the accounting office
just to power-cycle the beast.

- Greg