[parisc-linux] Type declaration missing

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:02:50 -0800

Karsten Merker wrote:
> In fact __kernel_old_uid_t is not declared for the hppa-architecture. The
> declaration should be in include/asm-parisc/posix_types.h, I am just
> unsure what the correct declaration looks like. Has hppa-linux always been
> using 32Bit UIDs? If yes, __kernel_old_uid_t should be defined to be the
> same as __kernel_uid_t, or am I missing something here?

Missing something it seems. Me too though.  I would have defined
__kernel_old_uid_t the same as __kernel_uid_t.

Matthew Wilcox thinks both include/linux/smb_fs.h and include/linux/ncp_fs.h
should be audited and ifdef out it's compatibility code. He volunteered to
put it on his TODO list. I'm sure he'll take patches though. :^)

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker