[parisc-linux] _working_ rbootd for redhat

penfold@customware.com.au penfold@customware.com.au
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 02:08:44 +1100 (EST)

> Hello !
> I will try your setup.
>
> One more question here:
>
> Have I to configure something concerning the LAN on the
> boot monitor prompt (PDC..) to be able to use the LAN as
> boot device ?

hmmm, not sure what you mean here.

In my case I disconnected all SCSI devices to _ensure_ the box would not
boot from disk.

All I do is let it search (or, _re_search if I had forgotten to start rbootd)
and then select path P0 to boot from.

> To your question: Yes my Linux has booted. I only needed
> this TRAP18-FIX and ..... success !!

Does your kernel see the scsi interface on the 720 ?

If so, I am keen to try your kernel - are you able to make it available
for download somewhere?
If convenient for you, you also email it to me.

Damian
penfold@customware.com.au