[parisc-linux] E55 (9000/856) proprietary interfaces

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:45:13 +0100

Mr. Fink,

Mr. Kaessmayer in Austria found your mail in the parisc-linux
mailing list archives concerning HP support for the HP PA-RISC
Linux project.

I contacted HP in parallel to the PA-RISC hacker, because I am
interested in using my HP server E55 (9000/856) machine with
HPPA Linux (puffing group...).

But this series of server has old proprietary interface, and so
there are no drivers for the interfaces (SCSI, 8-port serial board
multiplexer and parallel interface).

In my so little spare time, I am interested to work on that part
for having my E55 supported. Is there a possibility to get information
(hardware docu, HP-UX driver sources, etc) tp be able to do this
work ? Can anybody of the HP teams (hardware, device driver programmer,
system programmer) help me in this point ?

With friendly regards

	Christoph

private:        christoph.plattner@dot.at
company:        christoph.plattner@alcatel.at