[parisc-linux] HP9000/730 problems

Helge Deller deller@gmx.de
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 01:48:26 +0100

On Monday 05 February 2001 00:29, M. Grabert wrote:
> BTW, ASP Parallel Port driver is still broken (can't boot with it,
> but can boot without it).

Yes, I thought I fixed it a few weeks back, but .... :-(
I would like to fix that problem, but since I don't have such a machine where
this bug happens I will need your help. If you could send me your bootlog I
can give it another try.

> STI console is also broken (many characters are not printed or substitued
> by spaces). The problems occur of course AFTER "switching console" !

I believe, that you used the old STI code. Please try again the code I
checked into CVS yesteray.
But the main problem why you just see some characters is, that the HP STI rom
code doesn't includes all characters - and the new code will not fix this
yet. But my long term goal is to switch the STI code to use the
framebuffer-fonts from the linux-tree (which really seems possible).

> But serial console works fine :)
Yes of course. It doesn't uses the font tables of STI ROM.

Greetings,

	Helge Deller