[parisc-linux] HP9000/730 problems

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@alcatel.at
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:05:08 +0100

Hello,

	again and again, I hope this problem will be fixed !
The reason is an older generation of the PA-RISC CPUs using
interuption (TRAP) `18', on newer CPUs this trap is defined via
new different traps, as trap 18 can have up to three reasons.

A profi hacker on HPPA, it was
       John Marvin <jsm@udlkern.fc.hp.com>
told me to add the `case 18:' to the block with `case 15:' and
`case 26:' in arch/parisc/kernel/trap.c (I hope this is right !)
in the routine handle_interruption().

After this change, the machine boots up well !!

I hope, this fix will done also in the mainstream !!

With friendly regards
	Christoph Plattner