[parisc-linux] WARNING: C3000 Linux problems

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:50:31 -0700

Recently I had been doing a lot of building on a C3000 and was having some
very weird and often not repeatable errors. John Marvin has a J5000 and was
not having the problems. We were able to find a way to repeat the errors
cleanly and independantly of other variables. We discovered that there is
something different between the C3000 and J5000 that is causing the errors to
happen. This is using a pre 2.4.0-merge kernel. So whatever subtle difference
there is in the hardware is causing or uncovering a problem with our kernel.
J5000s seem to be as good as ever, I don't know about B1000, B2000, C3600,
J5600, or J6000. John Marvin is still looking at the problem, I have switched
to a J5000 and am still trying to get a new toolchain built properly.
Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart@fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation