[parisc-linux] LibC errors on C180 install

Tom palinux@alaskatech.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 17:38:56 -0900 (AKST)

> Tom wrote:
> > I had a segfault in the base-config, which bombed the rest of the install.

> Grant:
> "debsums -s" will tell you which packages got corrupted during install.
> Sounds like you could mount the CD and "dpkg -i" the base packages again.
> Then run apt-get update/dist-upgrade.

debsums came back with an all-OK, I could install anything unless it
needed a libc6 update, in which case it failed.

Since this was a brand-new install, I used the prior palo options to
disable everything 'good' on the FWSCSI, then reinstalled. Everything so
far has worked perfectly...

I guess this was just "gremlins" :-)