[parisc-linux] Status report - B132L and 725/100

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:40:48 -0700

"Andy Walker" wrote:
> by the 53c8xx driver, it says differential on the external connector -
> there can't be any doubt, can there? This should all work together.

It sounds like it should all just work. Especially if HPUX works.
But HPUX sometimes cripples the bus speed or *wideth* based
on what PDC tells it. Perhaps you need to do the same. I really
don't expect any issues with bus speed on differential SCSIs.
Possibly a wide vs narrow bus issue (Chip thinks it's wide and the cabling
is narrow). We see that on C3k still and I started (but didn't finish)
the code to query PDC about Host SCSI ID, bus speed, and width.

> Anyway, I'll take an known good disk with me tomorrow and try that with
> a different internal cable. I'll also double check that everything is
> still working with HP-UX. More news as it breaks.........

Yeah - if HPUX boots/talks to the devices, they are basically ok.
It's a matter of getting the linux driver the right parameters then.

grant