[parisc-linux] Status report - B132L and 725/100

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:56:35 -0700

Andy Walker wrote:
> To triple check the termination, I installed the terminator packs on
> the card and moved the cable from the internal connector to the
> external one. No difference there, even with your kernel parameter
> suggestion.

Couple more things:
o make sure your disks are *not* terminated - just both ends of the bus.
o double check all connectors to make sure there are no bent pins.
o replace any cables you can - especially external ones.
o verify the disks are the correct type. For c720, I expect
  *differential* SCSI.  Single Ended disks were used with LASI based
  machines (53c710) and built-in fast/wide on a few of the BXXX/CXXX
  workstations.

grant