[parisc-linux] Install on a D370!

Hamish Moffatt hamish@cloud.net.au
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:35:11 +1100

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 12:01:45PM -0500, Herb Radford wrote:
> Yesterday I downloaded the 0.9.3-rc6.iso (it has the same md5sum as the
> official version so I assume congruency) and have had exactly the same results!
> There is a FWSCSI card in the box with 6 drives attached and another card,
> a "Remote Management/Access Port" card in HSC 0 Slot 0.
> I've seen a couple of messages about D350's which say all this stuff worked!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

I pulled out the access port card to get the D350 working; otherwise
I never saw any messages after the branching to kernel entry point
message, as you're seeing.

Unfortunately I never got a chance to get all the debug info that
Matthew wanted to sort this out.. the machine has been repossessed
for real work and is running HP-UX again.

On a completely different topic, I assume it's safe to apt-get upgrade
these days? All the tool chain problems etc have been solved?
I still have a 715/80 running fine.

cheers
Hamish