[parisc-linux] Kernel 2.4.16-pa10

Phil Anderson andersop@neverland.ncssm.edu
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:43:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

This invalid scan problem suggests to me that the box is putting out a
resolution/frequency that the monitor cannot support. The banner in the
muddle of the screen is a monitor on-screen-display error. I don't know
about B180's but on my 712 this happened. In the boot loader firmware you
should be able to select resolutions -- I booted it on another monitor,
lovered the frequency and resolution, then switched back to the first
monitor. So, i don't think that's a problem with the kernel, rather the
settings of the box's STI and the limitations of the monitor you're using.

-phil