[parisc-linux] Users staying up to date.

Carlos O'Donell Jr. carlos@megatonmonkey.net
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:22:51 -0400

> The installer starts with a bunch of .debs which are sufficiently new
> that they don't have the apt-segv problem.  That is the case for the
> 0.9.2 ISO, anyway.
>
> You might me able to do a fresh install from the 0.9.2 ISO to get a
> more stable system.  If you don't want to do that, you could try using
> dpkg -i to install .debs from that ISO.  Possibly a dpkg -i *.deb in
> the binary-hppa/base dir might just work.  You should probably be running
> a new(ish) kernel before you do that.
>
> Richard

Richard,

I think the main issue was that we were using a _really_ old kernel.
Which didn't have a lot of the later patches for the older 715 boxes.

I'm currently trying to roll the toolchain from start to end, and
automate the process a little. BTW, is there any automation setup for
building the toolchain? Does each developer just have their own way(tm)
of doing the build?

The problem I have now lies in gathering up-to-date src for glibc,
and as Matthew pointed out, it is only available from the debian packages.

I'm currently trying this out.

Cheers,
Carlos.