[Xpert][parisc-linux] white is blue

Michel =?iso-8859-1?Q?D=E4nzer?= michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 21:29:13 +0200

caslivkoff@yahoo.com wrote:

> Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > caslivkoff@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > I posted this to the parisc-linux mailing list, but so far, no
> > > to work with the graphics in the 712/60. I also tried this on a second
> > > 712 with the same behavior. What's wierd is that other colors appear OK.
> > > I'm attaching the XFree86.0.log.

> > > I just loaded the ISO on a 712/60 and setup XFree86 to use the fbdev
> > > driver. It seems to be OK, with the exception that "white" is "blue". If
> > > I xwd the root  window dump and examine it on another X display, it
> > > looks fine.
> >
> > The fbdev driver uses the framebuffer device to set the colormap, which
> > works in general (at least for me ;), so I suspect there is a problem with
> > the framebuffer device.
>
> That's what I though too, but I've tried this on 2 different 712's and
> have the same behavior.

But I assume you use the same framebuffer device on both? (Note that when I
say framebuffer device, I refer to the Linux kernel driver)

> What is strange is that the framebuffer can display white text with no
> problem on the console (the default cursor is white). Also, under X,
> specifying #fefefe shows up as "almost white".

There are no known problems with the XFree86 fbdev colormap handling, but
maybe you have found one... :)

> Any other ideas?  I thought that possibly the rgb.txt was not getting
> loaded, but I'm fairly certain that it is.

You can easily check with grep -i rgb /var/log/XFree86.0.log .