[parisc-linux] Re: [Linux-ia64] Installation.

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:48:18 +0100

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:57:43AM -0700, Gururaj Ananthateerta wrote:
> My apologies, I realised that I have posted my question on ia-64 list, but it
> was too late.
>
> Thanks for the comphrensive description.
> I have one more question.
> I have an external SCSI CDROM. I guess I am not able to boot through this.
> Do you think this should be a problem.

I would expect you to be able to boot from it.  Does it show up if
you do a SEA search?  Alternatively, you can do a network boot to
start the installation, then read everything else from the CD or
the network, as described in the README on the CD.

Richard