[parisc-linux] iso 0.6 - request for LAST feedfack

Xavier Debacker xavier.debacker@esiee.net
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:39:40 +0200

Hi PA/Linux users!

We had some feedback about the CD iso 0.6 and now consider releasing a
0.6-1 iso ASAP

We are now aware of some bugs, listed in the todo-list above, but maybe
we missed some
We would also like a 'wish-list', describing what users - and coders! -
would like to see on the CD

Now even simple remark is important.

Thanks.

Here are known bugs:

A message appears on serial console isos:
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
solution:
comment (for serial console) or uncomment (for STI console) the line:
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
in /etc/inittab
todo: patch sys-install and readme.install

/dev/rtc is not created on the HDD
solution:
include /dev/rtc in cdrom:/install/base.tgz

keyboard bugs on STI isos, some scancodes are unrecognised.
solution:
hey, I'm working on it ;-) a patch proposal is coming soon.

keyboard bug:
doesn't work on C110
solution:
none for now.

press ESC in vi crashes the kernel. (non-exhaustive key list)
solution:
need to be tested:
it's due to either an error in the kernel
or vi needs to be recompiled.

the -I needs to be before ${DEVICE} in the sys-install script.

WISHLIST:
an eth0/hosts/resolv.conf/hostname configuration script.

Any other idea ?

Xavier Debacker
ESIEE Team
http://www.esiee.fr/puffin