[parisc-linux] rpc.lockd hangs (was Re: portmap deb)

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 20:20:46 +0100

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 12:15:00AM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> Options (somone who knows the area better than me can correct
> these):
>
> a) Implement syscall() in glibc - I made an initial stab at that,
> included below, but I didn't get as far as building it.  Not sure
> if my approach was valid for hppa, with some args on stack, etc.
>
> b) change nfs-common to use the proper glibc wrappers for these
> functions, rather than syscall().
>
> c) change nfs-common to use INLINE_SYSCALL or something..

Actually I prefer (d) [hands up everyone who's surprised?  :-)]  I
don't see why we should implement syscall in assembler.  After all, that
would be the third implementation :-)  Why not have something along the
lines of:

int syscall(int nr, int arg1, int arg, int arg3, int arg4, int arg5, int arg6)
{
	return INLINE_SYSCALL(nr, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5, arg6);
}

I don't have a copy of glibc to hand, so i'm not quite sure on the syntax
of INLINE_SYSCALL.

> I tried a quick hack at (b) and rebuilt.  I didn't get as far as trying
> the new binaries yet, because I was doing this on a 64 bit machine, and...
> both nfsservctl and quotactl are unimplemented on 64 bit :(

Ooops.  Clearly, that needs to get fixed.