[parisc-linux] Re: Woody installer for PARISC

Adam Di Carlo adam@onshore.com
07 Apr 2001 17:22:13 -0400

"Paul J.Y. Lahaie" <pjlahaie@linuxcare.com> writes:

> Here are the changes I've made to the boot-floppies package to support
> the PARISC architecture.

Glad to hear it.  Let me know if you don't have an account on
cvs.debian.org and you want a debian-boot pserver account.  You can
crypt a username/password with my Debian PGP key (aph@debian.org) and
send it to me privately and I can create that.

> utilities/dbootstrap/main_menu.c:
> - Remove options that aren't applicable to PARISC.
>   (Make boot floppy, PCMCIA, etc..)

> utilities/dbootstrap/partition_config.c:
> - Add PALO message for partition creation.
>

> There are a few more changes I needed to make to get a working installer
> for PARISC, unfortunately some of them are because of limitations in
> the current PARISC distribution (kernel.sh was modified to not require
> a kernel .deb since we currently don't have one and the constantly
> changing kernel makes it unwieldy to build kernel .debs).

Wait a minute... you don't have a kernel nor a boot-disk?  How do
people boot?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>