[parisc-linux] Netbooting a 710 : IPX ?

Romain Dolbeau dolbeaur@club-internet.fr
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 13:51:32 +0100

Andrew Shugg wrote:

> I think you will need 'rbootd' running to answer the initial request,
> which then hands over to bootpd.
[snip]

5116@telia.com wrote:

> The 710 and other early HP9000s dont use bootp, but rboot. There is a
> rboot server on puffin.external.hp.com pub/parisc/binaries/tgz/rbootd-2.0-2.tar.gz

Thanks to the both of you, rbootd was indeed the answer. No IPX
anywhere to be seen, I should spend more time trying to understand
tcpdump :-/

There's a (very old but working after minor patching) sun-rbootd
package on the web, that works fine on Solaris 7, if anyone is
interested.

I have now two HP ready to run, one 710 (64 MB Ram, dual 420 MB disks)
and one 715 (56 MB Ram, 2 GB disk). If there's any need to test
stuff on these platforms, feel free to ask (but it's unlikely
I'll find much free time except maybe on Saturday/Sunday).

thanks for the help,

--
DOLBEAU Romain
ENS Cachan / Ker Lann