New Cross-Compiler, userspace tarballs, and Debian packages (was Re: [parisc-linux] Shared native toolchain (and Perl) uploaded, dpkg tarball, Debian packages)

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:37:48 -0600

I have put a new LinuxX86 -> hppa/hppa64 cross-compiler tarball at,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/LinuxX86/xc-20000915.tar.gz

This tarball contains 32 bit binutils, gcc, and glibc and 64 bit binutils and
gcc. So you can use it to compile both 32 bit userspace apps and 32 bit and 64
bit kernels.

David Huggins-Daines writes...

> Pending a proper Debian archive on p.e.h.c, I've started collecting
> packages at http://puffin.external.hp.com/~dhd/debian-hppa/.  If they
> don't install then use dpkg --force-deps.

I've created a semi-proper debian archive accessible at,

http://puffin.external.hp.com/debian-hppa
and
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/debian-hppa

and I have added debs for all the things I've been cross compiling that David
has not build native debs for.

I have also made the same available as tarballs in,

ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/userspace/

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com