[parisc-linux] hp 715/50 questions

James Waterhouse james.waterhouse@videotron.ca
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:35:58 -0400

"T. Martin" wrote:

>  James the Ram on the PA-Risc is proprietary ( I have 4 of these things)
> It won't work in a PC and vice versa.

I thought it was but hoped it was not. Thanks for the info. I can get
some memory from kingston. On the site it has a sugested retail price of
$156 US for 32 megs (Kingston #: KTH715/32). A bit pricey but what can I
do.

>  I hope you got it cheap (as I did) or else you'll be alittle

I got for $10 US + shipping (Is that considered cheap?) cause no one
else wanted it.

> disappointed, the 715/50 running seti@home would perform exactly as my
> P166 the PA running HP-UX 9.03, PC Linux.

It's equivalent (aprox) to a P166? That's really not that bad. I'm
running a SPARCstation 1+ that is equivalent to a 386 (486 at most).:)