[parisc-linux] Oops in sim700.c on C360

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:46:27 -0700

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> So I deduce that the CCIO support hasn't recognised
> your machine.  Perhaps we should initialise it to a routine which prints
> that the PCI ops haven't been initialised and halts.

It did "halt". ;^)

pci_dma_supported() is supposed to be called first by all drivers wishing
to use Dynamic DMA interfaces. I'm thinking a test in pci_dma_supported()
macro could oops nicely if hppa_dma_ops isn't set.

For "devices" which aren't claimed (eg CCIO), we need to make sure
the HVERS/SVERS values are make available to the device maintainer.
I'll poke dhd offline in this case.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab