[Fwd: Re: [parisc-linux] booting on 712/60]

James Waterhouse james.waterhouse@videotron.ca
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:03:36 -0400

David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> David Huggins-Daines <dhd@linuxcare.com> writes:
>
> > Helge Deller <deller@gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > > I'm seeing the same here. The kernel switches independend of your
> > > kernel-settings (STI-Console - no STI-Console) to serial-console and just
> > > puts some of it's error-messages to the STI-console.
> > > If you don't have a nullmodem cable, you could try to ping/telnet your
> > > parisc, to see if it's still alive.
> > > I currently don't know which change in CVS disallowed us to use just
> > > STI-Console, but will try to figure out later today.
> >
> > Very strange, because it worked for me.  But perhaps I had a magical
> > combination of .config settings that eludes others.
>
> Well, I can't reproduce this on my 712/80 with either sticon or stifb.
> I've attached my .config for sticon.

>                                Name: config-sti-not-borken
>    config-sti-not-borken       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

After looking at dhd's config I think my problem may be just due to
stupidity on my part. I don't know anything about hp's and have just had
my hp for about three days now. Knowing nothing about hp's I just used
the default config for linux and that is prob where the problem is.
Anyway I will compile a new kernel and get back to you on this.

Thanks,
James

--
Can you discern the signs of the times? || www.danielrevelation.com