problems with binutils and/or g++

Randolph Chung randolph@tausq.org
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:02:30 -0700

> After fixing a zillion bugs of the "friend foo" -> "friend class foo" type
> and assorted protected/private/public issues, I finally managed to have apt
> compile.  Same error as you found.  It's not a linker bug as it's not a
> case of the linker dropping some section; the undefined symbol really
> isn't defined anywhere.  I don't know enough C++ to debug the problem
> further.

Alan, for my curiosity, could you explain this particular line from g++'s
output (from dhd's message)?

../build/obj/cmdline/apt-get.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__tf10LogCleaner+0x1c):
cannot handle R_PARISC_PCREL17F for pkgArchiveCleaner type_info function

that seems to be causing the "undefined" symbol messages.

randolph
--
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/
  (----)