PA-RISC linux cd

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:42:22 -0700

Paul Bame wrote:

> Matthew - I can never remember which 715's are supported so I'm passing
> your note to the mailing list.
>
> Matthew Halliday <matthewh@fesa.co.uk> wrote:
> = I've aquired a 715/33 - minus monitor or keyboard (but I do have a
> = mouse!) - do you know if there anywhere I can get details of these
> = machines or a keyboard and monitor?  I do have an A1097C 19" monitor
> = minus a cable - will that do?

I think the 1097 is a SOG monitor - should work.
You do need a keyboard to use it though.

>  We use a lot of HP kit here, but the HP
> = website doesn't seen to have anything on these machines.  I understand I
> = can get onto them with a serial cable - how do I set that up?

Connect a NULL modem from Serial port 1 to a terminal or linux box and
set it up for 9600N8. *NOT* connecting a keyboard defaults the console
to the serial port.

You should be able to find more help with 715/33 machines by scrounging
through the parisc-linux mail archives.

hope this helps,
grant