glibc

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:18:20 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Matt Taggart wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> First a timezone question... your mail headers have you in +11 and Ft. Collins
> is -7 so you're 6 hours behind + 1 day relative to us? So as I send this it's
> 14:05 here and 8:05 there?

Hi Matt,
  I'm actually on +10:30 in Adelaide, but posting from a Linuxcare machine
in Canberra which is on +11.

>[snip segfaults]
> I am building native using dhd's binutils/gcc/glibc debs, using source checked
> out just after the glibc 2.2 merge. Do you think the merge / ld.so changes you
> just made would help this problem at all?

Quite likely.  This fix

	* sysdeps/hppa/dl-machine.h (ELF_MACHINE_START_ADDRESS): Define.

is fairly crucial, as without it %dp will not be set correctly.  I should
have mentioned this when posting to the list about the binutils change.
Oh, and as of this email, I haven't actually run anything linked to the
new glibc.  A little remiss, I know, but I've been deep in the gdb port,
and if I spend time tinkering with glibc, binutils and gcc (which I like),
gdb (which I don't like) will never be finished. ;-)

Alan
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.