[parisc-linux] Crash dump module

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:27:22 -0800

Bruno Vidal wrote:
> 	Hi
> Good news, I've finished to recompile the entire chain on hpux 11.00 64bits.
> I've recompile my own kernel and booted a small 712/60. It work pretty well.
> Now I'm going to start the work about crash dump. So, In my mind, I'll start
> from the linux/kernel/panic.c function and I'll add a function dumpsys.c
> in the linux/arch/paric directory -> is it okay for you ?

YES!

> It will depend on the CONFIG_PARISC var
> (or do you prefer adding a CONFIG_DUMPSYS var ?)

As Randolph pointed out CONFIG_PARISC is deprecated.
Use "ifdef __hppa__" for changes in *common* (ie not arch/parisc)
files. They should not be needed for anything in arch/parisc
or linux/include/asm-parisc.

Adding a CONFIG_DUMPSYS is a good idea.
Look in linux/arch/parisc/config.in, linux/arch/parisc/defconfig,
and the various Makefiles for how CONFIG_* flags work.

thanks Bruno!
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab