[parisc-linux] B132L boot hang

CLAPPER,MIKE (HP-USA,ex1) mike_clapper@hp.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:54:24 -0800

Hello Everyone,

I download the cross-compilers and  build a lifimage on Redhat 6.1.  I set
up nfsroot on a S712 running hpux 10.20.  With this I am able to boot a
B132L running pdc 6.1 -
almost.  I get a hang right after -

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) readonly
Warning: unable to open an initial console

I have a 700/96 on serial port 1 as the console.  I have hpux on a disc in
the unit I'm trying to boot - from HPUX I have verified I can nfs mount the
filesys I'm using for NFSROOT.

With linux in this condition the machine will respond to ping.  I will also
react to a telnet - i get the telnet banner then "connection closed by
foreign host".  FTP gets "connection
refused" - so it' partially alive.....

Is there a way to keyword search the developers archive?  I vaguely recall
seeing the 'initial console' warning, but couldn't find it browsing the
developers archive

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Clapper