[parisc-linux] Fun build problems

Randolph Chung randolph@tausq.org
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:50:24 -0700

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

> Seeing as apt was broken, I decided to download the woody version of apt =
so
> I can get a newer version and hopefully skip some steps in building the
> above packages.  gcc 2.96 and apt-0.3.19 don't get along, so I tried pick=
ing
> it up from cvs (supposed to have been fixed).  Follow the directions on
> cvs.debian.org
>=20
> $ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/APT login
> (Logging in to anonymous@cvs.debian.org)
> CVS password:=20
> cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.debian.org rejected access

Try:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/deity login
(empty password)

It should work. if not let me know and i can mail you a tarball. You
probably want to get the aliencode branch, which has hppa patches. Let
me know if you run into any problems.

> rsync -- ldd crashes on dpkg-shlibdepends stage
> Can I just manually put the required dependancies in?

Yes, or pick up the dpkg-architecture and dpkg-shlibdeps scripts from
http://puffin.external.hp.com/~tausq/, or wait for the next version of
dpkg to get built for hppa (it doesn't use ldd anymore)

> autoconf -- installinfo spins
>=20
> When installing the autoconf package (to compile dpkg) installinfo spins.
> And after several minutes still doesn't return.  It's taking up 100% cpu
> at the time.

hmmm.. didn't see this. I had built a slightly older version of dpkg
successfully.

randolph (tausq@debian.org)
--=20
   @..@                                         http://www.TauSq.org/