[parisc-linux] Fun build problems

Paul J.Y. Lahaie pjlahaie@linuxcare.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:41:48 -0500

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF

Hello everyone,

    Over the last couple of days, I've been trying to get the debian
boot-floppies building (I know some changes will be necessary) and as
it stands now, several packages are missing.  In the process of trying
to compile/install these packages, I've run into some difficulties.
Here are some of them:

apt   -- Package on pehc and .iso do not work.  Missing lots of helper apps.

Seeing as apt was broken, I decided to download the woody version of apt so
I can get a newer version and hopefully skip some steps in building the
above packages.  gcc 2.96 and apt-0.3.19 don't get along, so I tried picking
it up from cvs (supposed to have been fixed).  Follow the directions on
cvs.debian.org

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/APT login
(Logging in to anonymous@cvs.debian.org)
CVS password:=20
cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.debian.org rejected access

Anyone know if there are other instructions other than what cvs.debian.org
says?  If so, feel free to email me

rsync -- ldd crashes on dpkg-shlibdepends stage

Can I just manually put the required dependancies in?

autoconf -- installinfo spins

When installing the autoconf package (to compile dpkg) installinfo spins.
And after several minutes still doesn't return.  It's taking up 100% cpu
at the time.

If I abort this, autoconf seems to be installed but cannot generate the
dpkg configure properly, some macros are missing

AM_CONDITIONAL(HAVE_CPLUSPLUS, test "$CXX" !=3D "")

Is in the ./configure script.

info -- Reinstall spins

If I try to reinstall info, it spins on the uninstall.  100% cpu.

If anyone has any solutions for any of the above problems, I am all
ears (eyes?).

							- Paul

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF

--PW0Eas8rCkcu1VkF--