[parisc-linux] serial console ?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb+hplinux@zabbadoz.net
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:06:11 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> I just started booting into a 715-100 using palinux-0.5.iso.
>
> I did read multiple times that I need serial console. So I plugged in
> serial cable I an normally using for x86 to x86 serial console on my
> linux router but I did not get anything on both serial ports :-(

Hi,

sorted out everything. serial cable was quite ok, but using cu I was
never able to reach IPL. Using minicom and everything was fine.

Had a great success afterwards:

	installed from CD (palinux-0.5.iso)
	Everthing worked at once out of the box :-)
	openssh was enabled on default :-))

	only one bad touch: please do not enable portmapper on default.
	there are too much exploits out there these days.

Short:	Great great great work !!!

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/