[parisc-linux] [Semi OT] SOM Linker

Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:00:25 -0500 (EST)

> I would like to be able to set up a cross compilation environment for hpux and
> 32 bit PA-RISC. However without a functional cross linker, this is impossible
> to do, and as binutils has not got one yet, I thought perhaps the one that HP
> open-sourced might be some use. It would seem logical that with the sources
> available, it shouldn't be too difficult to fix the broken bits and get a SOM
> linker working in binutils, but that doesn't seem to have happened yet. Oh
> well, thanks for the info...

You should be able to build cross compilation tools under hpux for hppa-linux.
First you should install native versions of binutils and gcc under hpux (this
assumes that you have the hpux C compiler and linker).  The release version of
gcc (2.95.2) would be a good choice.  The standard hpux linker works fine with
gcc/gas for C compilations.  Then follow the directions at www.parisc-linux.org
for building the cross compilation tools and linux.

Dave