[parisc-linux] kernel merge

Paul Bame bame@noam.fc.hp.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:14:51 -0700

= On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 02:28:33PM -0700, bame@riverrock.org wrote:
= > fcntl.h acquired a 'struct fcntl64' used with 64-bit offsets, implementing
= > fcntl(fd, F_S/GETLK[W]64, ...).  Several other locking-related #defines add
ed.
= >
= > We'll need to add the getdents64() and fcntl64() syscall glue. (TODO!!!)
=
= actually, we don't.  Linux/PA-RISC has sufficiently wide data types
= already so we don't have the grot required in other ports to support
= the appropriate wide data types.

Oh, and won't we have to support these syscalls anyway, because user programs
will make them?  I suppose we could #define them in libc headers.

= > looks like maybe the get/put_user_ret() functions in asm/uaccess.h are
= > obsolete?  (TODO)
=
= yes, they are.  exterminate!  exterminate!

Done