[parisc-linux] Website Plan

Jane Vinet jvinet@linuxcare.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:08:20 -0500

Recently there have been concerns about what is happening with the
web site.
I'd like to let everyone know what the plan is in order to address these
concerns.

The Development team at HP provided us with a list of where current
pages are hosted and where they should be hosted in the future.

 Item                        current       future
----                        -------       ------
mailing lists               pehc           LXC
parisc website		    puffin         LXC
hardware database           puffin        pehc
ftp server                  pehc          pehc
cvs                         pehc          pehc

As per Linuxcare's agreement with Hewlett Packard, Linuxcare (formerly
the Puffing Group) is responsible for all of the pages that are
currently hosted at http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/.  Linuxcare is
in the process of redesigning the existing web pages and we will be
moving very soon to http://www.parisc-linux.org/.  By revamping the
existing web pages, we want to make things like the FAQ page and the
To-Do list much more visible to the public to encourage new contributors
to join us,
as well as meeting the needs of current Developers.

The plan is to transition from the current website to the new
website with as little disruption to the public as possible.  Currently,
http://www.parisc-linux.org/ is set up but not active.
http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/ will remain the active site until
everything is ready to switch over.

Each of the above items is being addressed independently and have
separate schedules for transition.  We will make sure that notification
is made on http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/ and on the mailing list
prior to the transition.

Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may
have caused.

Jane
--
Jane Vinet, Director Professional Services/Canadian Operations
Linuxcare, Inc. 613.562.9260 (tel), 613.562.9700 fax