[parisc-linux] HP 9000 e25

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:28:08 +0000

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 03:40:14PM -0800, Christian Knoch wrote:
> hi.
> i need information about how to install linux on hp
> 9000 e25

*sigh*.  This is in the FAQ.  Where do we need to put links to the FAQ
to persuade people to read it?  Where did you find this mailing list
address, do we need to put a link to the FAQ there?

The answer given in the FAQ is:

The earliest PA-RISC servers have proprietary HP devices attached to
proprietary HP bus architectures. It is unlikely that documentation
on these busses and devices will ever become available, since so few
people are interested in spending any effort finding and releasing the
docs. Machines in this category are the E, F, G, H, I class (aka Nova)
and T500 series (Emerald) machines as well as some earlier, unlettered
servers.